Quick Guide: Unusual things to do in Miami
Unusual things to do in Miami
Miami is officially the land of the most beautiful looking people in the world as they flaunt their fitness and can simply give a hard time and complex about your own physical appearance. Miami is not just beaches and surfboarding but it is also surfboarding. You can never fall over from having too much fun in Miami. Manatees are marine mammals, sharks and sea turtles are a common sight in Miami from harbors and intercaostal. The Florida fare of frog and alligator legs are a must eat.
Mimosa, pastelito, Publix sub, Miami martini, cinnamon rolls, Cuban sandwiches and croquettes, Cuban style espresso coffee with cortadito milk and con leche milk, Florida Berliner Weisse Beer, mojitos, microbrew and wine concoctions star fruit, mangos, lychee, key lime, coconut and avocado, Cuban icecreams in the flavors of Abuela Maria or vanilla with Maria cookies, guava chunks and cream cheese, Cuban pig roasting box, Miamian craft beer and sour beer, biergartens, house-made and home-grown Miamian ales, sausages and hamburgers are a must try in Miami as your trip becomes easier with Miami and South Florida explorer pass, Go Miami and City discount card.
Every corner and inch of Latino Miami is stylish and thoroughfare with convertibles. It is surely one of the ultimate party destinations in the world. Miami costs dear but a dip in the Atlantic Ocean is way more valuable than a million bucks and is must in unusual things to do in Miami.
The activities that you can do in Miami are Cruise and Airboat rides, Little Havana Food and walking tours, Everglades Airboat ride, take on Yacht and Boat Charters, Speedboat tours, Water taxi tours, Key West waterfront trip, Segway tours, Big Bus Hop-on-Hop-Off tour, Fine dining and spa tours, Biking, Dance Cruises, Jet boat tours, wave running, windsurfing, kitesurfing, Street art tours, Parasailing, Duck tours, Helicopter tours from Tamiami and Fort Lauderdale Airports, Sailing, Snorkelling, Sunset Glow tour on beaches, Auto racing tours, Air tours, Seaplane flight tours, Jet Skiing tours, riverboat tours, trolley tours,
Golf Cart tours, Nature walks, Nightlife Shuttles, Paddle Board tours, Motor coach tours, Minibus tours, Double Decker Bus tour, Kayaking, Horseracing, Park Islands and park Safari tours, Banana Boat rides, Fly boarding, Fly strapping, Pedicab tours, Graffiti tours, Underground Art Tours, Self-Guided Tours, catching up with professional sports, Food Wine and Spirits Fests, Private Fishing charter tours, Street Art Tours, Tubing, Wakeboarding, Air Nautique boat rides, horseracing, Boat Parties, Wake surfing,
Deep Fishing, Offshore and Inshore fishing, Electric Bike Rentals, Rollerblading, Art walk and Mural Tours, Outlet Shopping tours, Luxury Sprinter rides, Electric Hover boarding, Scooter Rides, Skateboarding, cable water skiing, camping, trail walking, Tandem Biking, Club Crawling at the swankiest clubs, Ferry ride trips, movie tours, Harley-Davidson Rental Tours, Island Hopping Cruise Tours, Campervan tours, Chartered Power boating, Water Taxi rides, Catamaran Sailing, canoeing, rock climbing, Shopping mall tours, Skydiving, Bar Hopping shuttle rides, Private Plane tours, trapeze flying, Pontoon ride tours, Jet packing, mountain Biking and fests such as South Beach Wine and Food Festival, Ultra Music Festival in Downtown Miami, Florida Supercon, Calle Ocho, Art Basel Miami Beach, Carnaval Miami and many more. A stay at the oceanfront hotels of Miami is all the more worth it and is must in unusual things to do in Miami.
1) Millionaire’s Row: Miami Beach, Florida South Beach along Collins Avenue, Star island, Palm Island, Hibiscus Island and the islands on the MacArthur Causeway are the best places to locate stately mansions, mansions and townhouses and form the most imposing part of the exclusive residential neighbourhood of Miami. Get on a luxury cruise ship or hop on a bus and watch it all including the best of the landmarks that form the part of Miami’s skyline.Millionaires row is the epitome of luxury living in Miami Beach and has to be one of the most unusual things to do in Miami.
2) Hard Rock Café Miami and Hard Rock Casino between Miami and Fort Lauderdale is a Vegas like casino and has a 24 hour gaming concept whereas Casino Cruises are all about on-board gambling, simulcast wagering, poker and dominoes. It is located on Biscayne Boulevard and serves legendary American cuisines and handcrafted drinks and is sure to find a spot in unusual things to do in Miami.
3) Gulf Of Mexico: The Florida’s Gulf of Mexico from Tarpo Springs to Marco Island touching the edges of the Everglades, Tampa and Orlando is the quintessential Gulf Coast with the seaside vibe and cosmopolitan touch. The accommodations on Miami Beach and Palm Beach are eclectic and the best B&Bs, guesthouses, Villas, lodgings and condos.
4) Sandbar Castaway party: Sandbar excursion tours are the best place to party in the floating lounges and chairs. The dockside restaurant on the water with the resort dining options is so worth it. The polarized glasses give the high 3D effect to the panoramic views of the crystal clear waters of the Florida Keys.
5) Bimini Bahamas have white pristine sand beaches is a legendary Bahamian island.
6) Universal Studios, Disney world and SeaWorld and Busch Gardens transport you to an altogether different fantasy world.
7) Gator Park and Wannado city are among others famous in theme parks.
8) South Beach Miami is over 23 blocks of the island as it the most popular among the travelers happening to be the entertainment destination of the city with the best nightclubs and the best nightlife.South Beach Miami has to be included in unusual things to do in Miami for the glamorous scene with of nightspots and celebrity chef eateries and the pedestrian shopping strip Lincoln Road Mall.
9) Biscayne Key also known as the Key is the northernmost island in the Florida Keys with cycling paths and waterfronts.
10) Florida Keys and Key West have the best overseas Highway views with some of the bustling locations such as Southernmost Point Buoy, South Street and Whitehead Street in the tropical Savanna environs.
11) Black Point Marina is the largest public marina in Miami is with a bevy of amenities with the waterfront views and the Ocean Grill Restaurant is a must do. The marina is very close to Biscayne National park and is definitely one of the unusual things to do in Miami.
12) Collins Avenue runs parallel to the Miami Beach is the main and ultimate shopping and hotel street. Collins Avenue is the main oceanfront street along the coast of Miami Beach and is a spot to do in unusual things to do in Miami.
13) Fort Lauderdale is a city and a popular destination in the seat of Broward county with forts at the New River Fork, Tarpon Bend on New River between the neighborhoods of Colee Hammock and Rio Vista and at Bahia Mar Marina and is a complete delight to the eyes. It has got the most attractive and famous waterfront homes and properties that grace the Bahia Mar Docks. Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport is one of the fastest growing airports in the country and therefore it is convenient enough to visit the place and has to be in unusual things to do in Miami.
14) Grand Bahamas Island is known for its pristine beaches, reef-line coves and swamps with the most sprawling golf-courses and the most upscale accommodations being the paradise of luxury vacation spot it is. Grand Bahamas island is 85 miles off the coast of Fort Lauderdale and is one of the unusual things to do Miami.
15) Ten thousand Islands is a chain of islands and islets in Everglades City.
16) Big Cypress National Preserve is the ultimate destination for the lovers of US National Park System in the Sunshine state of Florida.
17) The reefs in Miami Dade, Broward County, Key Biscayne and Monroe County have the world’s best reefs. Also Broward County, Markham state park and Oleta have the best biking trails.
18) Haulover Sandbar in Miami Dade County is a must do boating experience in the strip of sand near Haulover Beach and Oleta river and it is also recognised as the nude beach.
19) Sunny Isles beach is the hotspot for Sunrise yoga. Sunny Isles Beach is an international seaside community with a one mile stretch of ivory sands and open surf and has to be one of the unusual things to do in Miami.
20) South Pointe Park is a laidback place with barbeque pits and pavilions.
21) Oleta Park is the largest urban park on Biscayne Bay with off-road bike paths and trails.
22) Crandon Park is an urban and metropolitan park in northern Key Biscayne.
23) Markham State Park is great for adventures like bike trails and jet skiing with airplane fields. and Matheson Park is one of its kind picnic beach park with swimming lagoons.
24) Miami Beach stretches from North Shore Open Space Park to South Pointe Park is a South Florida Island City with international models, scenesters, reality TV stars and celebrities being the regulars here. Miami Beach is an island city connected by bridges to Miami and is definitely one of usual and unusual things to do in Miami.
25) Little Havana will have you letting to learn to roll your own cigar in Gran Habano Factory with Cuban historians, cafecitos, cigar rollers and Cuban artwork collectors and Marlins Park, Bay of Pigs monument, Maximo Gomez park and Freedom Tower, La Ventanita at Versailles and Quinceanera parties are a must attend if you happen to be a party crasher or an invitee in a Cuban style marriage. Allapatah, Little Haiti, Brickell for its Colombian and Peruvian hubs serving ceviche, Pisco sour with house infused spirits,Downtown Miami, Liberty City, Art Deco District, Coconut Grove are some of the best cultural havens for travelers. Little Havana is Cuban heart of Miami with Latin American vibe and cafes with walk up windows for Cuban coffee and cigar patrons and definitely makes it to the top of the list of unusual things to do in Miami.
26) Coral Gables Neighbourhood is at the intersection of Old Cutler, Sunset and Douglas Road is a spectacle to the eyes.
27) Espanola Way from Collins West to Pennsylvania modeled after Mediterranean theme and is a bustling spot.
28) Venetian Pool is a Italian villa with falls and loggias of cool spring water with coral rock caves and palm fringed island is a marvel. Venetian pool is inspired by Mediterranean architecture is a Venetian style lagoon and is a unique part of Miami’s history and is an obvious choice for unusual things to do in Miami.
29) Domino park in Little Havana is filled with neighbourhood locals playing dominoes and chess.
30) Fisher Island houses the most exclusive clubs and best beaches in Miami with golf karts and bikes as the most preferred to commute to this treasured spot.
31) Venetian Island is a chain of artificial islands in the cities of Miami and Miami Beach.
32) Star Island is the floating manmade island in Biscayne Bay with celebrity homes viewed from the Miami Boat Cruises.
33) Hibiscus Island is the real estate heartthrob of Miami is in fact a neighbourhood of South Beach on a manmade island.
34) Flagler Monument Island is an uninhabited artificial island with some of the best water sporting activities. Island Queen has got it all covered with the most prolific views through the cruise.
35) Art Deco District is the hub of Moderne Art Deco architecture with streamlined candy and pastel buildings, porthole panes and terrazzo floorings. Some of the notable buildings are Sherbrooke hotel, Park Central, Imperial, Majestic, Avalon, Beacon, Colony, Waldorf towers, Breakwater, Edison, Clevelander, Adrian, Leslie, Carlyle, Cardozo, Cavalier, Netherlands Hotel, McAlpin Hotel, Marlin Hotel and Essex House which are architectural wonders.
36) Miami Art Museum, Perez Art Museum and Design District are the hubs of quintessential cosmopolitan art of Miami with high end international art showrooms, galleries, installations and open air luxury shopping complexes.
37) Ocean Drive runs from north-south and is known for its aesthetics of the eateries it houses and some of the most renowned ones are Versace House, News Café, Mango’s and Clevelander. The Art Deco Museum on the Ocean Drive is also a must do. The boardwalk leads to the Ocean Drive with views of hotel pools and the Atlantic. The boardwalks in Hollywood and Fort Lauderdale are breathtaking. On Ocean Drive there are well preserved art deco architecture and outdoor cafes and has to be one of the unusual things to do in Miami.
38) Dolphin shopping mall, Sawgrass Mills Mall and Lincoln Road are the most premier shopping destination on the South Beach with several high street retail outlets with the likes of Nordstorm, Bloomingdale’s, Alchemist, Fendi, Armani, Prada, Chanel, Dior, Cartier, Tiffany, Gap and what not.
39) Neiman Marcus and Saks Fifth Avenue on Bal Harbor are a must do. The other thoroughfares include Bayside Market, Coco Walk, Las Olas Riverfront, Swap Shop Boulevard, Stone Age Antiques, Flamingo Plaza Thrift stores and Palacio de los Jugos selling the renowned coco frio of coconut drink with machete and other Cuban Fruit Juices, Mexico Market and Redland’s Farmers market in Homestead.
40) Charles Deering Estate is a 440-acre property with the largest coastal hardwood hammock in the United States is an archaeological and historic preserve.
41) Vizcaya Museum and Gardens has Villa Vizcaya in a Italian Renaissance style mansion is called Hearst Castle of the East.
42) Fairchild Garden is the only outdoor tropical rainforest garden in Florida.
43) Everglades Park is a National Park and is a must visit with species like Florida panther, Amercian Crocodile and Manatees.
44) Pinecrest gardens is the suburban village of the aristocrats and is one of the best in the village park system. Jungle island is a must do for its enclosures that relate with natural habitats and its bounty of nature.
45) Coral Castle near Homestead in Leisure city in Miami Dade county is a castle with notable structures such as machines to tell time and nine ton revolving door.
46) World Erotic Art Museum houses an impressive collection of erotic art with works of Rembrandt and Picasso, sex toys and penis collection.
47) Miami Auto Museum features plethora of classic cars, Batmobiles form the fantasy movies, James Bond automobiles, race cars, luxury automobiles and the world’s largest Vespa collection.
48) Wynwood Walls has perfected the graffiti and mural art. Wynwood Brewing has made the Spanish blonde ale La Rubia very famous with its brewing systems.
49) Biltmore Hotel conducts a hotel walking tour and big baller brunch food and bottomless champagne here are an absolute must try. News Café is a sidewalk café on Ocean Drive in the Art Deco District of Miami Beach. Le Tub is an outdoor seating Saloon with its unique décor on Hollywood Beach on Intra-coastal waterway.
50) Wallcast concert at New World will have you spend zero dollars and so they say all good things are free.
51) Lincoln Road is the world’s most flashy parking garage with upscale retail outlets and fashion boutiques. Lincoln Road Mall is touted as Fifth Avenue of the South with its sidewalks and lounges. Cocowalk mall is an upscale lifestyle centre and an open air shopping mall with a sprawling courtyard.
52) The neighbourhood of Lock and Load with firing lanes and firearms in a controlled space under professional guidance. Pistol, Outdoor rifle, Trap, Skeet and Clays are just your thing in here.
53) Stiltsville is a group of wood stilt hand built houses in Cape Florida offshore on Biscayne Bay.
54) Joe’s stone crab serves the ultimate prime steak, fried chicken, liver and onions and stone crab with its own sauce, garlic creamed spinach, fried sweet potatoes, coleslaw and hash browns in Miami. Key Lime Pie in Here is a must try.
55) Prime 112 is a posh steakhouse celebrated for its Kobe beef weiner or frankfurter or frank or hot dog or whatever they call it and soy marinated sea bass.
56) The Forge is a deluxe steakhouse and is all about fine dining with the most exotic collection of sought-after vintage wines and rubs and one of them being Chateau Lafite Rothschild with steak and fish dishes of red snapper.
57) Port Miami in Biscayne Bay is connected to Downtown by Port Boulevard Causeway on the trio of Dodge, Lummus and Sam’s islands is a must do because of the connotations attached to it such as Cruise Capital of the World and Cargo Gateway of the Americas. It is the topmost cruise port in the world with its terminals and some of the largest cruise ships of Cruise lines with the likes of Carnival, Royal Caribbean, Norwegian Cruise Line, et al. Port Miami Tunnel is an undersea tunnel.
58) The Outskirts of Miami Springs has players playing the world’s fastest game of jai Alai in Casino Miami and simulcast betting. Apart from that 60 Hialeah Park racing and Casino is renowned for its flamingos and casino slots. Greyhound racing is another unique kind of sport with dog racinh tracks with slot machines and poker rooms Magic city Flager Dog Track and Mardi Gras Casino on Hallandale Beach. Gulfstream park on Hallandale Beach is both a casino and horse racing facility with tracks for thoroughbred horse racing.
59) The Fruit and Spice Park and Knaus Berry Farm are the must visits for their versatility as the former is like a storehouse of exotic natural produce and the latter is renowned for its homemade baked goods.
60) What is Miami without its nightlife? Clubspace Miami on Downtown Miami, Mac’s Club and Tobacco Road Bar are the oldest bars in Miami, Miami Velvet is the largest Swingers Club and are an absolute must visits.
61) Versace mansion or Villa Casa Casuarina has to be included in the list of your top priorities of unusual things to do in Miami. It is a mansion formerly owned by the late Italian fashion designer Gianni Versace and is now operated as a luxury boutique hotel. It is at Ocean Drive in the Miami Beach Architectural District. It is one of the most photographed stretches of Miami Beach. It has a 54 foot outdoor pool deigned by Versace and lined in 24-karat gold.
May 09, 2018
March 08, 2018